COVID-19 Testing Options for Olmsted County residents
There are multiple locations that residents can call to make an appointment to get tested for COVID-19. Below is a list of options for Olmsted County residents.
Mayo Clinic patients
- Mayo Clinic patients call the COVID-19 Nurse Line at 507-293-9525.
Olmsted Medical Center patients
- Olmsted Medical Center patients call the COVID-19 Nurse Line at 507-292-7266. Testing hours are Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m
Community Health Services (aka Migrant Health)
- 1926 Collegeview Rd SE, Rochester, MN 55904
- Appointments are required – call 507-529-0503 to schedule a time
Hy-Vee – 2 locations in Olmsted County
- 500 Crossroads Drive SW, Rochester, MN 55902
- 4221 West Circle Dr NW, Rochester, MN 55901
- Register online: www.hy-vee.com/my-pharmacy/services/covid-19-testing
Online Order MDH-Vault
- The test kit is shipped directly to your home via expedited shipping. Follow instructions closely: www.learn.vaulthealth.com/state-of-minnesota.
If people do not have a primary care provider but are in need of testing, they should call either of the COVID-19 triage lines provided above. If people do not have insurance and are unable to cover the test cost, they should inquire about billing options when they call.
COVID-19 Test Results
Test results are typically available within 48 hours, however, it could be longer depending on the volume of tests coming through. You will be contacted by a care provider and Olmsted County Public Health will be sent the name and contact information of positive cases that live in Olmsted County for follow-up. You should alert family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues you have interacted with recently and let them know they should quarantine for 14 days. When we call, please answer and talk to our staff about your recent contacts and get answers to your questions. It is important that people follow the guidance provided by Public Health and their care provider for the health and safety of the community.