The Environmental Commission is appointed by the Olmsted County Board. The Commission is responsible for formulating and recommending environmental policies and monitoring program implementation to assure coordination and integration of County functions that impact the environment.
Environmental Commission meetings are held on the third Wednesday of every month at 7:15 PM in Conference Room 186/186B at 2122 Campus Drive SE Suite 300, Rochester, MN 55904.
View Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Functions of the Environmental Commission
- Develop and recommend environmental policies and priorities to the Olmsted County Board.
- Review, update, and recommend for final approval environmental plans: solid waste management plan; land use plan; water plan; industrial waste plan; community health services environmental plan.
- Review ordinances.
- Monitor the implementation of plans, policies, programs, and grants.
- Conduct public hearings/meetings as needed to solicit citizen input on environmental issues, programs, and projects.
Appointed Public Officials
- Larry Plank - Chair
- Michael Muller - Vice Chair
- Tamara Musty
- Joe Marchesani
- Faye Harris
- Jay Miller
- Van Larson
- Kate Remmes
- Andre Ringle
Commission Contact: Sharon Schriever
- Greg Wright, County Commissioner
- Jim Bier, County Commissioner
Volunteer for the Commission
Additional information about serving on this or another Olmsted County Board/Commission can be found at our volunteer opportunities page.