The Environmental Commission is appointed by the Olmsted County Board. The Commission is responsible for formulating and recommending environmental policies and monitoring program implementation to assure coordination and integration of County functions that impact the environment.
Environmental Commission meetings are held on the third Wednesday of every month at 7:15 PM in Conference Room A at 2122 Campus Drive SE in Rochester.
Functions of the Environmental Commission
- Develop and recommend environmental policies and priorities to the Olmsted County Board.
- Review, update, and recommend for final approval environmental plans: solid waste management plan; land use plan; water plan; industrial waste plan; community health services environmental plan.
- Review ordinances.
- Monitor the implementation of plans, policies, programs, and grants.
- Conduct public hearings/meetings as needed to solicit citizen input on environmental issues, programs, and projects.
Appointed Public Officials
- Joe Marchesani - Chair
- Larry Plank - Vice Chair
- Tamara Musty
- Brooke Carlson
- Micheal Muller
- Jay Miller
- Van Larson
- Kate Remmes
- James Schumann
- Mark Thein, County Commissioner
- Jim Bier, County Commissioner
Additional information about serving on this or another Olmsted County Board/Commission can be found at our volunteer opportunities page.