This Solid Waste Management Plan was approved by the Olmsted County Board of Commissioners on December 13, 2011, and approval by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency on June 8, 2012.
The purpose of the Integrated Solid Waste Management System is to preserve and protect the environment, the health and safety of the citizens, and the natural resources of the county. This Solid Waste Management Plan will serve as a guiding document for the Olmsted County Solid Waste Management programs and activities. It will be used as the roadmap to achieve the mission of Olmsted County and the Solid Waste Division and to comply with the course set by the State of Minnesota and the U.S. government.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Solid Waste Collection & Generation
- Facilities and Program Overview
- Existing Financial Conditions
- Regulatory Compliance
- Strategies, Performance Measures & Initiative
- Plan Development
- Financial Forecast
- Community Profile
- Designation Plan
- Organization Chart
- Recycling Guide for County Offices
- Unacceptable/Problem Materials Table