An update from the Mayo Clinic Injury Prevention Coordinator:
Thank you for your patience and your dedication to child passenger safety! With COVID-19 safety precautions in place, we are glad to have the car seat inspection clinics scheduled for 2021. We can accommodate a limited number of caregivers and families each month. Currently, a waitlist is in place to honor the order of received requests.
Remember: The car seat manufacturer's instructions and your vehicle owner's manual should always be used as a reference when installing your car seat.
Is your child’s car seat properly installed? Do you know a parent who could benefit from this event? Make sure your children are traveling safely in your vehicles by making an appointment for one of the Child Passenger Car Seat Inspection clinics in 2021. Certified passenger safety technicians will be there to properly fit children in their car seats and help with the correct and safe installation of car and booster seats.
To schedule a free appointment, call 507-538-3740 or email email@example.com. Each car seat inspection takes approximately 45 minutes. Inspections are done by appointment only during the dates listed below. Clinics fill fast.
You will be asked to provide the following information when scheduling your appointment:
1. Name, age, weight, and height of child(ren) (List due date if expecting).
2. Name, phone number, email, and address of parents or caregiver.
3. The make, model, year, and color of the vehicle(s).
2021 Car Seat Inspection Dates
- Tuesday, June 22: 3:30 - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 21: 3:30 - 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 17: 3:30 - 7 p.m.
- Saturday, September 25: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 13: 3:30 - 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 16: 3:30 - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 15: 3:30 - 7 p.m.
* Car seat inspections are to verify that car seats are installed correctly in the vehicle and to provide education on child passenger safety. Car seat inspections are performed by Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians and Instructors. Children should be present during the check with the exception of an unborn child. This is a free service provided by Mayo Clinic’s Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center in partnership with the Rochester Fire Department and countless dedicated volunteers.