Address: 305 Energy Parkway NE, Rochester, MN 55906
Facility Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Department Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Modified Disposal Process
- Customers must wear masks while inside the building - even when inside their vehicle.
- The facility can accept credit cards, cash, or check for items with a disposal fee.
- Customers will not be allowed out of their vehicles while inside the Recycling Center Plus.
- Staff will determine the disposal cost using the existing Solid Waste Fee Schedule - except for electronic waste where temporary fees apply (see below).
- Limit two customers per lane in the roll-off area.
- Customers must be able to throw their items into roll-off containers and designated disposal areas without assistance.
- $5 per 30 gallons
- $10 per 60 gallons
- $15 per 90 gallons
- $20 per 120 gallons
- $30 per cubic yard
Temporary Electronic Waste Disposal Fee
Processing electronic waste is particularly challenging and labor intensive under the current circumstances. We are unable to weigh electronic waste to assess a fee per-pound and must charge a flat fee for various electronic items.
(Not an inclusive list)
- Flat Screen Televisions & Computer Monitors
- Up to 32" = $10 each
- 33" - 60" = $20 each
- 61" and up = $30 each
- CRT Televisions & Projection Computer Monitors
- Up to 32" = $20 each
- 33" - 42" = $40 each
- 43" and up = $60 each
Home Office Equipment = $5 each
- Home Fax/Copy Machine
Keyboards, mice, cords etc. included with equipment piece or up to one small box alone for $5
Home Entertainment Equipment = $5 each
- Stereos, DVD Players, Blue Ray Players, VCRs
Commercial Copiers & Fax Machines
- Small = $10 each
- Large = $20 each
The following recyclable materials are accepted free of charge but must be pre-sorted:
- Aluminum cans
- Clear glass bottles and jars (no window glass, dishware, or ceramics)
- Colored glass bottles and jars: green, brown, and other colors (no window glass, dishware, or ceramics)
- Corrugated cardboard (clean only) - remove packaging materials
- White office paper
- Newspaper and colored paper
- Plastics #1 and #2 (with a neck), and clean plastic #5 dairy containers
- Tin/steel food cans, empty aerosol and paint cans
- Clean scrap iron, aluminum, copper, brass and stainless steel
Styrofoam is not accepted in the recycling area at the facility; it is garbage.
Items commonly accepted for a fee at the Recycling Center Plus include, but are not limited to:
- Appliances (recycled)
- Brush/tree waste (incidental quantities)
- Computer systems (recycled)
- Construction and demolition materials (residential quantities)
- Lawn mowers (empty of fluids)
- TVs (recycled)
- Tires (automotive) 8 or few per day
Beginning January 20, 2021, large loads of tires (9 or more) can be brought to the Kalmar Landfill for a fee of $435.00 per ton. Call 507-328-7070 in advance.
Through January 19, 2021, large quantities of tires are subject to a special handling fee of $50 per 1,000 lbs. of tires, to offset extra processing (shredding and hauling). This is in addition to applicable disposal fees.
Changes at Olmsted County Recycling Center Plus Effective January 20, 2021:
- Mattresses and box springs (maximum of 4 sets or any combination totaling 8 per day): change from $16.00 each to $22.00 each.
- Automotive and light truck tires (maximum of 8 per day): change from $5.00 each to $6.00 each.
- Semi and tractor tires will no longer be accepted―contact local tire vendors for disposal/recycling options. They can also be brought to the Kalmar Landfill for $435.00 per ton.