Address: 305 Energy Parkway NE, Rochester, MN 55906
Facility Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Department Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Modified Disposal Process
- Customers must wear masks while inside the building - even when inside their vehicle.
- The facility can accept credit cards, cash, or check for items with a disposal fee.
- Customers will not be allowed out of their vehicles while inside the Recycling Center Plus.
- Staff will determine the disposal cost using the existing Solid Waste Fee Schedule - except for electronic waste where temporary fees apply (see below).
- Limit two customers per lane in the roll-off area.
- Customers must be able to throw their items into roll-off containers and designated disposal areas without assistance.
- $5 per 30 gallons
- $10 per 60 gallons
- $15 per 90 gallons
- $20 per 120 gallons
- $30 per cubic yard
Temporary Electronic Waste Disposal Fee
Processing electronic waste is particularly challenging and labor intensive under the current circumstances. We are unable to weigh electronic waste to assess a fee per-pound and must charge a flat fee for various electronic items.
(Not an inclusive list)
- Flat Screen Televisions & Computer Monitors
- Up to 32" = $10 each
- 33" - 60" = $20 each
- 61" and up = $30 each
- CRT Televisions & Projection Computer Monitors
- Up to 32" = $20 each
- 33" - 42" = $40 each
- 43" and up = $60 each
Home Office Equipment = $5 each
- Home Fax/Copy Machine
Keyboards, mice, cords etc. included with equipment piece or up to one small box alone for $5
Home Entertainment Equipment = $5 each
- Stereos, DVD Players, Blue Ray Players, VCRs
Commercial Copiers & Fax Machines
- Small = $10 each
- Large = $20 each
The following recyclable materials are accepted free of charge but must be pre-sorted:
- Aluminum cans
- Clear glass bottles and jars (no window glass, dishware, or ceramics)
- Colored glass bottles and jars: green, brown, and other colors (no window glass, dishware, or ceramics)
- Corrugated cardboard (clean only) - remove packaging materials
- White office paper
- Newspaper and colored paper
- Plastics #1 and #2 (with a neck), and clean plastic #5 dairy containers
- Tin/steel food cans
- Clean scrap iron, aluminum, copper, brass and stainless steel
Styrofoam is not accepted in the recycling area at the facility; it is garbage.
Items commonly accepted for a fee at the Recycling Center Plus include, but are not limited to:
- Appliances (recycled)
- Brush/tree waste (incidental quantities)
- Computer systems (recycled)
- Construction and demolition materials (residential quantities)
- Lawn mowers (empty of fluids)
- TVs (recycled)
- Tires (automotive) 8 or fewer per day
Beginning January 20, 2021, large loads of tires (9 or more) can be brought to the Kalmar Landfill for a fee of $435.00 per ton. Call 507-328-7070 in advance.
Changes at Olmsted County Recycling Center Plus Effective January 20, 2021:
- Mattresses and box springs (maximum of 4 sets or any combination totaling 8 per day): change from $16.00 each to $22.00 each.
- Automotive and light truck tires (maximum of 8 per day): change from $5.00 each to $6.00 each.
- Semi and tractor tires will no longer be accepted―contact local tire vendors for disposal/recycling options. They can also be brought to the Kalmar Landfill for $435.00 per ton.