Child support services exist to help benefit children by establishing paternity, establishing and modifying support orders, collecting support, and promoting the means to do so.
Child Support Services
We can help you with:
- Locating absent parents
- Establishing parentage
- Establishing and enforcing court orders
- child support
- medical support
- child care support
- Modifying/Adjusting support orders
- Working with other states to enforce child support when a parent lives outside Minnesota
- Collecting and processing payments for support
The Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Support webpage includes links to particular information and descriptions of the services available and links to applications.
If you have an open child support case, you will receive a password to access Minnesota Child Support Online. Minnesota Child Support Online provides case status information, payment history, and is a tool to connect with Child Support staff.
We have staff to answer your questions and guide you through this process.
- Our office is open from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Call us at at 507-328-6500 or toll free at 1-855-282-3390
- You can also email us at : CSContact@Olmstedcounty.gov
An applicant for our services will pay a 2% MN cost recovery fee. This 2% fee pays for some of the costs associated with operating Minnesota's Child Support Program. Single parents who receive public assistance are automatically referred for services and do not pay any fees.
Services Not Provided
- Visitation and custody
- Spousal maintenance (alimony) establishment
- Legal advice or counsel