Child support services exist to help benefit children by establishing paternity, establishing and modifying support orders, collecting support, and promoting the means to do so.
Child Support Services
We can help you with:
- Locating absent parents
- Establishing parentage
- Establishing and enforcing court orders
- child support
- medical support
- child care support
- Modifying/Adjusting support orders
- Working with other states to enforce child support when a parent lives outside Minnesota
- Collecting and processing payments for support
The Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Support webpage includes links to particular information and descriptions of the services available and links to applications.
You can also email us at : ChildSupportQuestion@co.olmsted.mn.us
Give us a call
We have staff that can assist with fill out applications, answer your questions and guide you through this process.
- Our office is open from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Call us at at 507-328-6500 or toll free at 1-855-282-3390
Due to COVID safety concerns please call and make an appointment. Tell the person who answers the phone "I need help with collecting child support." Your phone call will be transferred to someone who can help you.
An applicant for our services will pay a 2% MN cost recovery fee. This 2% fee pays for some of the costs associated with operating Minnesota's Child Support Program. Single parents who receive public assistance are automatically referred for services and do not pay any fees.
Services Not Provided
- Visitation and custody
- Spousal maintenance (alimony) establishment
- Legal advice or counsel