Rules of Decorum
Olmsted County requests that those who wish to make a public comment sign in on the sheet located outside the Board Room. Please do not alter anything on the form. Those who join via Microsoft Teams to make a public comment are asked to write their name in the chat section and use the raise hand function within the tool.
- Public commenters must state their name and address.
- Public commenters will have up to 2 minutes to speak and agree to follow the Olmsted County Rules of Decorum.
- Public commenters cannot yield their 2 minutes to another individual.
- Public commenters shall refrain from personal attacks and/or threats of violence or violence directed towards meeting participants or attendees.
- Public commenters agree to be civil and courteous with their language. Insults, profanity, use of vulgar language or gestures, or other inappropriate behavior will not be not permitted.
- Public commenters should not expect county commissioners or staff members to respond to their comments at the time of the meeting.
- Failure to follow these rules will result in the immediate termination of the privilege of commenting, whether attending the meeting virtually or in-person. Commenters whose behavior is disruptive will be asked to leave the meeting and will be removed if a request to leave is not honored.
- The board chair has the authority to enforce the Rules of Decorum.
Viewing public comment portion of Board of Commissioner meetings
If you are not making a public comment but would like to view the public comment portion of Board of Commissioners meetings, you will need to join the meetings in person or virtually via the Microsoft Teams link in the meeting agenda.
The public comment portion of Board of Commissioners meetings is not recorded and will not be available via YouTube.
NOTE: Olmsted County Board of Commissioners meeting times are changing for 2024. The first meeting of every month will occur at 10:30 a.m. and the second meeting of every month will begin at 6 p.m.