Olmsted County is an inclusive and welcoming environment where diversity is celebrated. All employees, visitors, and customers have the right to obtain county information and services as independently and conveniently as possible.
Some people, including those with disabilities, may have difficulties seeing, hearing, or understanding certain information in specific formats. They might also need assistance with reading or using a keyboard or mouse. Olmsted County strives for its website to be helpful and accessible to all users.
Olmsted County is required by state and federal law to provide equal access to the information on its website. Olmsted County must comply with certain guidelines and standards for web accessibility, Section 508 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 A and AA. Olmsted County designed its website to meet these standards.
Browser accessibility information
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools. Our website users will have the best possible experience with Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox (not Internet Explorer).
- Chrome Accessibility Information
- Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Accessibility Information
- Firefox Accessibility Information
If you use assistive technology, and the format of any of the information on our website interferes with your access, please contact us at PACSupport@olmstedcounty.gov.
Supported Assistive Technology
Links to external publications and websites
The Olmsted County website often links to websites and publications from sources external to Olmsted County. We don't have control over the content or accessibility of those websites. We provide these links to provide more information. It's important to know that Olmsted County does not bear responsibility for making those external websites accessible.
The Olmsted County website has special features to make it easier for everyone to use. Here are some things that make the website more accessible:
- Common look and feel with a simple design – The website has a similar layout on every page, making items easier to find. Pages have drop-down accordions that can show or hide information.
- Accessible images – Images on the website have alternative text, helping people who use assistive technology to understand what's in the pictures.
- Adjustable text size – Text size can be increased with a font widget on the right-hand side of the screen next to the language selection tool.
- Search engine – The Olmsted County website features a search engine that provides relevant and easy-to-use search results. It can suggest words to help you find what you're looking for.
- Document formats – Most documents on the Olmsted County website are posted in accessible Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf), which users can access via screen readers and other accessibility tools.
The Olmsted County website uses English for most of its content. Olmsted County uses Google's free translation software to translate our web pages immediately. The Google Translation service works for all the content on www.olmstedcounty.gov. Please note that some items, like graphs, photos, or pdf files can't be translated.
Google’s free translation service is an automated and computerized process. The translated version is sometimes different from the original. Olmsted County doesn't guarantee that all translations are accurate, reliable, or timely. The translation may have mistakes or generate an offensive meaning. We invite individuals to use other translation services to better understand the information on our site.
If you have questions, please contact PACSupport@olmstedcounty.gov.