Schedule your fingerprinting appointment.
Public fingerprinting is done at the Olmsted County Sheriff's Office Work Release Building. Metered parking is available. Fingerprint cards provided are the FD-258 cards.
To cancel an existing appointment, visit the Olmsted County Fingerprint Appointment Schedule webpage.
1. Gather your information
- Confirm with the agency that needs your fingerprints that they will accept digital (inkless) fingerprinting.
2. Schedule an appointment
- Use the Olmsted County Fingerprint Appointment Schedule webpage to schedule an appointment.
- One appointment is required per person.
- Note: Fingerprints currently done at the Work Release does not include fingerprinting for criminal charges.
3. Get a confirmation email
- After you have scheduled the appointment, you will receive a confirmation email.
- There is currently one location for fingerprinting. Check the email and make note of the location where your appointment is at. We cannot take your fingerprints if you are at the wrong location.
4. Arrive five minutes before your appointment time
- Plan to arrive five minutes before your appointment time. Your slot is held only five minutes past the appointment time, so do not be late.
- Make sure you arrive at the correct location. Check the confirmation email for this location. You will be required to wear a mask in order to enter the building.
- Bring to your fingerprinting appointment:
- $10.00 fee per fingerprint card (cash in the exact amount, or check made payable to Olmsted County Sheriff's Office
- valid government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc.)
- a blank fingerprint card (if you were given one) DO NOT FILL OUT OR SIGN. (If you were not given a blank card, a fingerprint card will be provided.)
- Allow 10 to 15 minutes for the actual fingerprinting process.