Learn more about our County Canvas and Post Election Review
- The purpose of the County Canvas is to review the vote totals, certify the results, and declare the nominees or winners.
- The county canvas board is made up of the county auditor, court administrator of the district court, the mayor of the county's most populous municipality, and two members of the county board selected by the board from it's members who are not candidates in the election.
- The county canvas board must meet on the second or third day following a State Primary or election on another date, between the third and tenth day following the General Election, or the day following a Special Primary or Special General Election that is not held on the day of a state election.
For more information, please visit Minnesota Secretary Of State - Canvassing boards
Post Election Review (PER)
- The purpose of the PER is to manually recount randomly-selected precincts for specific offices following each State General Election. The review compares the hand count of the ballots with the results from the electronic voting system to determine if counting accuracy of the voting system meets a defined standard.
- The PER must occur between eleven and eighteen days following the General Election.
For more information, please visit Minnesota Secretary Of State - Post-election reviews