Eligibility to Vote
For a complete overview visit the Minnesota Secretary of State's Website.
You are eligible to vote in Minnesota if you:
- Are at least 18 years or older.
- Are a citizen of the United States.
- Are a resident of Minnesota for at least 20 days before Election Day.
- Are not currently incarcerated for a conviction of a felony offense.
- Are not under a guardianship in which the court order revokes the right to vote.
- Are not legally incompetent.
Time off work to vote
Every employee who is eligible to vote in an election has the right to be absent from work for the purpose of voting during the morning of the day of that election, without penalty or deduction from salary or wages because of the absence.