Life Jackets are required and provided. If you have your own, we encourage you to bring it.
Rental requests can be made at the Chester Woods Beach House. Cash, check or credit card are accepted for rental payment. Must be at least 16 year old to rent canoes, paddle boats, paddleboards, or kayaks.
Beach House Rental Days/Hours/Info
- From Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day
- Monday - Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- All watercrafts need to be returned by 6:00 p.m.
- No reservations, rentals are first come, first served.
- No guarantees on what watercrafts are available each day.
Current Rental Rate
Available rentals include:
- Canoes (2-3 person max seating)
- Paddle Boats (4 adults and 1 child)
- Paddle Boards (1 person)
- Kayaks (1 person)
Self-Service Kayak Rental (Rent.Fun App)
- Available during the camping season (May to mid-October)
- 5:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. daily
- Download the Rent.Fun app to reserve a kayak
- Scan the QR code at the Rent.Fun locker station near the beach house to unlock equipment.
- Paddles and lifejackets are included.
- Rate: $0.25 per minute (memberships available)
- Equipment must be returned to the locker by 8:00 p.m.
Canoe/Kayak Storage (Friends of Chester Woods)
Personal Watercraft Storage (Sponsored by FOCW)
Available April 1 through November 1 for a fee of $100 per slot.
The racks are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Each rack has six slots for watercraft. The form is on the Friends of Chester Woods website.
Storage Rental Rates Per Individual
- See Friends of Chester Woods website for current rates and availability.
- Boat launch and parking is available for fishermen and boaters.
- Please remember gasoline motors are prohibited, but electric trolling motors may be used.