Olmsted County requires that anyone who fishes at county lakes and rivers follow the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources fishing regulations.
- Types of fish: crappie, bass, panfish, catfish, northern pike.
- Fishing locations: You can fish from a boat or anywhere on the shore (except the beach and dog water access area).
- Gas-powered motorboats are not allowed at Chester Woods. Only electric trolling motors are allowed.
- Types of fish: bass, panfish, carp, crappie, redhorse.
- Fishing locations: You can fish in the river or along the shoreline within the park boundaries.
Lake Zumbro Park
- Types of fish: crappie, bluegill, catfish, sunfish, bass, pike, walleye, perch, carp.
- Fishing locations: At designated docks and along the shoreline at the pier.
Root River Park
- Types of fish: smallmouth bass, sauger, white-suckers, quillbacks, norther hogsuckers, rock bass, and redhorse.
- Fishing locations: Anywhere along the riverbanks. Hike in access only.
- Ice fishing is allowed at Chester Woods Park and Lake Zumbro Park. Olmsted County Parks is not responsible for checking ice conditions. Ice fishing is done at your own risk. Motorized vehicles are not allowed on the ice at Chester Woods Park. Ice shacks must be removed each night unless properly permitted with the DNR.