Adult Foster Care
Adult foster homes are designed to serve individuals who need assistance due to developmental or physical disability, brain injury, mental health issues, or concerns related to aging. Providers ensure that clients get needed assistance with activities of daily living and other supports to live as independently as possible in the community. Assistance may also be needed with personal care, independent living skills, medication administration, and/or safeguarding cash resources.
Olmsted County is not taking applications at this time. We have many open beds and have no need for new homes. Please check back on this site on July 1, 2023 and we will have an update at that time.
- Call 507-328-6400 if you or a loved one are seeking foster care and ask to speak with the Adult Foster Care Social Worker
DHS (Department of Human Services) Online Training:
- Know who is a mandated reporter
- Understand what constitutes maltreatment
- Know when and how to contact the Common Entry Point to make a vulnerable adult maltreatment report
- Understand the Vulnerable Adults Act
235D Provider requirement: Data Privacy Training
Adult Foster Care New Provider Orientation: Register Online
Held at 2100 Campus Drive SE - 1st floor Cascade Room - 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on:
- The next orientation will be held in 2023 since we are not accepting any more applications in 2022.
Adult Foster Care Support Groups: Register Online
Held at 2100 Campus Drive SE - 1st Floor, Whitewater Room (except where noted below) - 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- No sessions are currently scheduled.
Adult Foster Care Forms
Application - MN Department of Human Services DHS-0230-ENG
Data Privacy & Confidentiality Agreement
Data Privacy Practices Notice
Fire Drill Guidelines
Fire & Storm Drill Log
Foster Care Provider and Placement Agency Agreement
Incident Report for Foster Provider
Medication Administration Guidelines
Training and Skills Form
- Fire Inspection Request
- Combined Application Form
- Floor & Escape Plan DHS-2720-ENG
- Home Safety Checklist
- Licensing Checklist - Rule 203