The purpose of the Special Needs Grant is to provide one-time financial assistance to a veteran or surviving spouse to promote stability and prevent homelessness.
You are eligible for this if you are:
- A veteran as defined by MN Statute 197.447, or the surviving spouse (who has not remarried) of a deceased veteran, and
- A Minnesota Resident, and
- Can demonstrate a financial need that cannot be met with existing income and assets
Note: Two veterans married to each other are entitled to their own separate Special Needs Grants.
If possible, have the following information ready.
- Veteran's name and date of birth and social security number
- Discharge information (DD214)
- Proof of residency (MN driver's license / ID card, voter registration card, rent receipt, utility bill)
- Verification of income (last 3 pay stubs, other documents from social security administration, veterans administration or a tax return)
- Two of the most recent bank statements (all pages)
Call Us at 507-328-6355
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday