Foodborne Illness Complaints
If you think you got sick from eating at a restaurant or other public food service, please contact us by using one of the ways below:
- Call us at 507-328-7500 and ask for "Environmental Health," Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Foodborne and Waterborne Illness Report.
- Call the Minnesota Foodborne Illness Hotline at 1-877-366-3455 (1877-FOOD-ILL), 24-hours a day.
- Email the Minnesota Department of Health at email@example.com.
You will be asked about:
- Your symptoms, and
- Where you ate and what you ate on the day you became ill and for the three days before.
This report is confidential and can help determine if other illnesses are linked to a food you ate.
Also, see the Minnesota Department of Health website Foodborne basics.
Food Service Inquiries
Visit the Food, Lodging, & Hospitality Licensing & Permits page to learn more about
- Certified Food Protection Manager
- Licensing your Food and beverage Establishment
- Food establishment Construction
- Food stand licensing
- Food safety manuals
- Opening a restaurant