Providing drinking water and surface water analysis to Southeastern Minnesota since 1983.
Pick up a test kit at Olmsted County Public Health Building at 2100 Campus Drive SE, Rochester, MN 55904.
Lab Services and Fees
The fees for the items listed can be found in the document below
- Discounted Water Testing Packages
- Water tests
- Bacteria – Total Coliform & E. Coli
- Cations – Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium
- Anions – Nitrate, Nitrite, Chloride, Sulfate, Fluoride
- Lead: Sub-contracted to MVTL
- Arsenic: Sub-contracted to MVTL
- Manganese: Sub-contracted to MVTL
- Water Sample Collection by County Staff (By appointment, Olmsted County locations only. This fee is in addition to sample testing fees.)
- Iron: Subcontracted to MVTL
- Hardness Test
Sample Acceptance Requirements
- Sample must arrive at the lab within 28 hours of being collected
- Sample must arrive Monday – Wednesday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or Thursday by 12 p.m. Be aware lab hours may change during major holidays.
- Sample must arrive in bottles supplied by the lab
- The sample bottle must be labeled with name, sampling date and time
- The water test request form must be completed and arrive with the sample
- The sample should arrive on an ice pack