Southeastern Minnesota Water Analysis Laboratory
Providing drinking water and surface water analysis to Southeastern Minnesota since 1983.
Pick up a test kit at Olmsted County Public Health Building at 2100 Campus Drive SE, Rochester, MN 55904.
Lab Services and Fees
To view fee information, please use the Fee Finder on the Olmsted County Fee webpage and search for the fee you are inquiring about.
Sample Acceptance Requirements
- Sample must arrive at the lab within 28 hours of being collected
- Sample must arrive Monday – Wednesday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or Thursday by 12 p.m. Be aware lab hours may change during major holidays.
- Sample must arrive in bottles supplied by the lab
- The sample bottle must be labeled with name, sampling date and time
- The water test request form must be completed and arrive with the sample
- The sample should arrive on an ice pack
Water Sampling Information
Not sure what your water test results mean? Try out a new tool that allows you to type in your water test results and get a short explanation of what they mean and what recommendations we have. You can enter your email and get a PDF version of the meaning of your results sent to your inbox.
Helpful links and resources:
- The Minnesota Department of Health's guide to home water treatment
- Licensed well and boring contractor directory
- Well disinfection
Phone: 507 328-7495