Providing drinking water and surface water analysis to Southeastern Minnesota since 1983.
Pick up a test kit at Olmsted County Public Health Building at 2100 Campus Drive SE, Rochester, MN 55904.
Lab Services and Fees
Note that the most up-to-date fees can be found in the document below.
Discounted Water Testing Packages
Recommended Annual Test/Conventional Real Estate
Bacteria, Nitrate, Nitrite, Chloride, Sulfate, Fluoride
VA/FHA Real Estate Test Lead, Bacteria, Nitrate, Nitrite, Chloride, Sulfate, Flouride
Bacteria – Total Coliform & E. Coli
Cations – Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium
Anions – Nitrate, Nitrite, Chloride, Sulfate, Fluoride
Lead: Sub-contracted to MVTL
Arsenic: Sub-contracted to MVTL
Manganese: Sub-contracted to MVTL
Water Sample Collection by County Staff
By appointment, Olmsted County locations only. This fee is in addition to sample testing fees.
Iron: Subcontracted to MVTL
Sample Acceptance Requirements
- Sample must arrive at the lab within 28 hours of being collected
- Sample must arrive Monday – Wednesday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or Thursday by 12 p.m. Be aware lab hours may change during major holidays.
- Sample must arrive in bottles supplied by the lab
- The sample bottle must be labeled with name, sampling date and time
- The water test request form must be completed and arrive with the sample
- The sample should arrive on an ice pack