The Olmsted County Board of Commissioners announced on January 19, 2021 that it is allocating funds to small business relief as part of the State of Minnesota County Relief Funding Program. A total of $3,388,968 in economic support to businesses and non-profit organizations affected by COVID-19 will be distributed.
- $2,711,174 grant program for small businesses and food/beverage-serving 501(c)(8) and 501(c)(19) non-profits, administered by Rochester Area Economic Development, Inc. (RAEDI).
- $677,794 grant program for 501(c)(3) non-profits administered by the Rochester Area Foundation.
Olmsted County State of Minnesota non-profit relief grants
Rochester Area Foundation will accept applications online for the $677,794 Olmsted County State of Minnesota non-profit grant program beginning January 22, 2021 at 8 a.m. until February 2, 2021 at 11 p.m.
Full details about the application process are available on the Rochester Area Foundation website now at http://rochesterarea.org/olmsted/. In summary:
- Grants up to $25,000 will be awarded to non-profits operated in Olmsted County that can demonstrate financial hardship related to the COVID-19 outbreak, specifically a 25% or greater decrease in revenue. Grants will be based on up to 50% of lost revenue from October 1 to December 31, 2020, up to a maximum of $25,000, depending on eligibility.
- Grant funds may be used to cover business expenses, including but not limited to payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility bills, and other expenses in the regular course of business.
- These are grants and no repayment will be required; they are not loans.
- Note: 501(c)(8) and 501(c)(19) non-profits that have food and beverage operations do not fit the criteria for this non-profit grant relief; instead, they are being included in the Olmsted County State of Minnesota Small Business Relief grant program. Non-profits that fit that criteria should submit applications to RAEDI by January 31, 2021.
To qualify, non-profits must meet the following criteria:
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization or organization fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Have a physical location in Olmsted County.
- Be in good standing with the Minnesota Secretary of State with no outstanding tax liens.
- Be current on property taxes (if applicable) for 2019 and all years prior, as of May 15, 2020.
Priority will be given to non-profits:
- Closed* by Governor Walz's Executive Order (20-99) on November 18, 2020. *Closed is defined as "closed to ingress, egress, use, and occupancy by members of the public;"
- That have not received aid from prior Olmsted County non-profit relief grant programs;
- That serve underserved and/or marginalized populations; and/or,
- Provide services to low- to moderate-income individuals and families.
“Olmsted County is pleased to partner again with Rochester Area Foundation to provide relief to non-profit agencies whose operations have been negatively impacted by the pandemic,” stated Olmsted County Chief Financial Officer Wilfredo Román Cátala. “The work provided by local non-profits helps our communities thrive; they play a significant role in our collective well-being and economic stability.”
“Residents of Olmsted County have the opportunity to not just live, but to thrive, in large part because of the non-profits who work incredibly hard every single day to support our community,” said President of Rochester Area Foundation Jennifer Woodford. “Rochester Area Foundation is grateful to Olmsted County for these additional relief dollars that will help non-profits build better communities for all through the Olmsted County nonprofit relief grant program.”
Olmsted County State of Minnesota Small Business Relief grant program
Details about the Olmsted County State of Minnesota Small Business Relief grant program were shared on January 20, 2021. Rochester Area Economic Development, Inc. (RAEDI) is accepting grant applications online for the $2,711,174 grant program through Sunday, January 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Full details about the application process are available on the RAEDI website now at www.raedi.com.