The Olmsted County Volunteer Driver Program is looking for volunteer drivers. Volunteer drivers provide needed transportation for clients to and from appointments as requested by social workers, probation officers, and other county staff serving the public.
Volunteer drivers will transport clients with limited transportation to medical appointments, treatment centers, visitation meetings, parenting classes, and summer camps. Most trips are in town, but longer trips are also possible. Volunteer drivers will drive their own vehicles and are reimbursed at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rate.
- Pass a background check.
- Enjoy meeting new people and enjoy driving.
- Good driving record – minimum one-year violation free.
- At least one-year sobriety.
- Respect and complete yearly mandatory training on confidentiality and data privacy.
- Respect people and be non-judgmental.
- Cannot have an active case manager in Olmsted County.
- Maintain current car insurance.
- 21 years old or older.
- Meet new people and gain new experiences.
- A sense of pride and accomplishment for helping an individual thrive.
- Experience personal growth.
- Give back to your community.
- Personal development and educational opportunities.
For more information or to apply, contact Volunteer Services at 507-328-6371.