On June 1, 2021, the Olmsted County Planning department will begin administering building permits for projects taking place within the City of Byron. To apply for a building permit with the Olmsted County Planning office, applications and plans can be shared in the following ways:
- In person: At the Olmsted County Planning department offices (2122 Campus Drive SE, Suite 100, in Rochester)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Building Inspections, 2122 Campus Dr SE, Suite 100, Rochester, MN 55904
- Online: Use Olmsted County Accela Citizen Access for online applications, payments, permit tracking, inspections, and more: https://aca-prod.accela.com/OLMSTED
There are numerous benefits to creating an online account with Olmsted County Accela Citizen Access. Through this site, you can:
- Apply for permits online (currently only offering residential plumbing/mechanical trade at this time).
- Schedule inspections online.
- Pay permit fees online.
- Obtain real-time permit status.
- Manage multiple permits in one location.
- Upload supporting documents to permit files.
- Search property information such as property owner names, parcel numbers, subdivision names, lot, and block information.
Permit fees and zoning inquiries
Permit fees for the City of Byron will remain the same. Zoning inquiries for the City of Byron can be directed to Byron City Hall at 507-775-3400.
Inspections on building permits issued prior to June 1
If you had a building permit in the City of Byron issued prior to June 1, 2021, Tommy Thompson will be handling inspections related to those building projects. He can be contacted at 507-356-8709.
Inspections by the Olmsted County Planning department
Olmsted County Planning requests 1-days’ notice for inspections; however, if there are extenuating circumstances such as weather, please contact the Olmsted County Planning department to speak with an inspector about scheduling. If you are scheduling inspections online, you may request an inspection for the next day up until 11:59 p.m. Inspections can also be scheduled by calling 507-328-7100 or visiting the Olmsted County Planning office at 2122 Campus Drive SE, Suite 100, Rochester.
Questions and feedback can be directed to the Olmsted County Planning department (507-328-7100 or email@example.com) or Byron City Hall (507-775-3400).