Fees are based on the age of the applicant and the time frame in which the applicant needs their passport returned to them. Fees and wait times are subject to change.
Fees are paid in two separate payments. Please read carefully
Payment #1 - Payable to US Department of State
Payment #2 - Payable to Olmsted County PRL
US Department of State fees are only payable by check, money order, or cashier's check.
- Applicants aged 16 and up will pay adult passport fees
- Applicants aged 15 and under will pay children's passport fees
Routine wait time: 8 to 11 weeks
Expedited wait time: 5 to 7 weeks
Visit travel.state.gov for detailed information regarding fees and to verify current fees.
Fees payable to US Department of State by check, money order, or cashier's check
Adult Passport Book
Adult Passport Card
Adult Passport book and card
Minor Passport Book
Minor Passport Card
Minor Passport Book and Card
Fees Payable to Olmsted County (all payment methods accepted)
- Mandatory Application processing fee: $35
- Photos: $15
- Copy of proof of citizenship fee: $1
- Total to Olmsted County for Routine Service: $51.00
- Mandatory Application processing fee: $35.00
- Photos: $15.00
- Copy of proof of citizenship fee: $1.00
- Express mail fee: $28.75
- Total to Olmsted County for Expedited Service: $79.75
To view other fee information, please use the Fee Finder tool on the Olmsted County fee webpage and search for the fee you are inquiring about.