This service assists individuals with long term or chronic care needs to make choices about services available in their community.
There are several different programs that are targeted to specific needs.
- The first step to access services is a call to our intake team at 507-328-6519
- Over the phone, we will explore with you what you think you might want or need
- What types of services may be available
- Review the eligibility criteria for various options
- Review the types of supports that you may already have in place
- Determine together if a home visit to conduct an assessment is of interest
The assessment is referred to as a MnCHOICES Assessment. At the conclusion of the assessment, recommendations will be made for you to consider in determining your need for services and supports. The waiver programs listed below each have some very specific eligibility criteria. You may choose, if you meet the criteria, to participate in one of the waiver programs. You could also choose to find alternative ways to meet your needs.
Aging and Elderly Services & Supports for persons over age 65
- MnChoices Assessment
- AC – Alternative Care
- EW – Elderly Waiver
- ECS – Essential Community Supports
- PCA – Personal Care Assistance
Call 507-328-6519 for additional information.