Important office changes
The Olmsted County Passport office is open. Some of our processes have changed to comply with social distancing guidelines for the safety of our customers and staff. To apply for a passport in our office you will need to access our online check-in below.
- Receive your appointment with an approximate arrival time.
- Gather all your required documents
- Come to the Olmsted County Government Center at your appointed time
- Check in at the Information Desk
Before beginning your application process, we will ask you four questions:
- Did you bring proof of U.S. citizenship?
- Did you bring a current valid ID?
- Did you bring a check or money order?
- There are two separate payments required when you apply.
- One payable to the U.S. Department of State that cannot be cash or credit card
- One payable to Olmsted County that can be cash, check, money order or credit card
4. Did you bring any certified name change documents?
For the step by step application process, click on the buttons on this page
Questions or special circumstances? Need forms or more information?