Stay informed about the winter storm
Olmsted County is on the projected path of a major winter storm beginning the afternoon of Tuesday, February 21, 2023, through Thursday, February 23, 2023. Accumulating snow, strong winds, and difficult travel conditions are expected.
Snowplows will be out in full force keeping roads safe across the state of Minnesota. If you do have to travel, please review the following snowplow safety tips:
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back at least ten car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions, give yourself plenty of travel time.
- Kids playing outside? Stay away from the road. Make sure kids never tunnel or build a fort in the snowbanks or along the side of the road.
To stay informed on the latest weather and road conditions and receive updates about Olmsted County services, look to the following Facebook pages:
Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office
Partner agency resources
Minnesota Department of Transportation