Winter Storm Warning for Olmsted County
A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for Olmsted County beginning the afternoon of Thursday, March 9 through the morning of Friday, March 10, 2023. The National Weather Service in La Crosse said heavy snow is expected with total snow accumulations of five to nine inches.
Travel could be difficult during this time. If you do have to travel, please review the following snowplow safety tips:
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back at least ten car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions, give yourself plenty of travel time.
- Kids playing outside? Stay away from the road. Make sure kids never tunnel or build a fort in the snowbanks or along the side of the road.
To stay informed on the latest weather and road conditions and receive updates about Olmsted County services, look to the following Facebook pages.
Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office
Partner agency resources
Minnesota Department of Transportation