Root River Park
Root River Park is open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. 365 days a year and is located at 4012 80 St SE Rochester MN 55904.
The 125 acres of Root River Park offers many secluded areas to sit and relax, or simply enjoy the outdoors. Root River Park is the perfect spot to have a family picnic. The park has plenty of space to roam, along with a restroom, picnic tables, and fire pits located near the parking lot. Amenities include fishing, hiking, and picnicking.
View video of Root River Park below.
A 2-mile looped hiking trail winds through the meadows and wooded hills along Root River providing visitors with a variety of options of beauty and natural history. A hike any time of the year promises to be a delightful experience. Benches are located near the trail throughout the park.
The following document consist of various elements including tests, tables, graphs, etc. To view them or if you need assistance interpreting them, please contact Olmsted County Parks Department at 507-328-7070.
- No bicycles or recreational vehicles are allowed.
- No camping is allowed.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times within the designated leashed pet areas, and cleaned up after. Leash length must not be longer than six feet.
- Wood for picnic fires must be certified clean (clean wood can be purchased from places like Hy-Vee and Kwik Trip).
- The picnic area near the parking lot that includes picnic tables and fire pits. There are no picnic shelters at this time.
- Portable toilets.
- Shoreline fishing.
- Equestrian: Permits are required for each mount, $6 daily or $30 annual. Permits are not transferable. Please call 507-328-7070 for a permit. On dual-use trails shared with horses, give horseback riders warning of your approach and give them the right of way to assure safety.
If you want to volunteer at Root River Park, please complete the volunteer application.