The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) is responsible for work on Interstates and State Highways. These roads have signs that look like this:
County State Aid Highways/County Roads
Olmsted County Public Works is responsible for work on County State Aid Highways (CSAHs) and County Roads (CRs) within Olmsted County. You can contact Public Works at 507-328-7060 with questions pertaining to CSAHs and County Roads. These roads have signs that look like this:
City Streets and Township Roads in Olmsted County
If you have questions or concerns related to a City Street or Township Road, you will need to contact the governing City or Township. If the street is within City limits, contact the City for more information.
The contact information for the Cities in Olmsted County is as follows:
- Byron Public Works Superintendent
- Chatfield Street & Park Maintenance
- Dover City Hall
- Eyota Public Works Maintenance Worker
- Oronoco Public Works
- Rochester Public Works
- Stewartville Public Works
If you have questions regarding a Township Road that is outside City limits, choose from a list of Townships, City Streets and Township Roads often have names that end in Avenue, Street, or Way, and usually have signs that look like this:
The townships in Olmsted County are:
Cascade, Dover, Elmira, Eyota, Farmington, Haverhill, High Forest, Kalmar, Marion, New Haven, Orion, Oronoco, Pleasant Grove, Quincy, Rochester, Rock Dell, Salem, and Viola.
Kaye Bieniek, Director of Public Works/County Engineer
(Note: For Mailing Use Olmsted Public Works address)
Contact Us Regarding:
- To report road maintenance and snowplow issues Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- To report road maintenance and snowplow emergencies on evenings and weekends (damaged stop signs or non-working traffic signals, etc.)
- Call Olmsted County Law Enforcement Center: 507-328-6800
- To report non-emergency road maintenance and snowplow issues evenings and weekends
- Email email@example.com (Email is only checked during regular business hours)
Please be as specific as possible and include name, address, phone, County Road number, location description and issue.
In Case of Emergencies Contact:
Olmsted County Sheriff Department: 507-328-6800 or dial 911.