Address: 305 Energy Parkway NE, Rochester, MN 55906
Facility Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Department Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Mask Requirement Reinstated
Effective Wednesday, August 4, 2021, all Olmsted County employees and visitors are required to wear masks inside Olmsted County government buildings—including the Recycling Center Plus.
The following recyclable materials are accepted free of charge but must be pre-sorted:
- Aluminum cans
- Clear glass bottles and jars (no window glass, dishware, or ceramics)
- Colored glass bottles and jars: green, brown, and other colors (no window glass, dishware, or ceramics)
- Corrugated cardboard (clean only) - remove packaging materials
- White office paper
- Newspaper and colored paper
- Plastics #1 and #2 (with a neck), and clean plastic #5 dairy containers
- Tin/steel food cans
- Clean scrap iron, aluminum, copper, brass and stainless steel
Items commonly accepted for a fee at the Recycling Center Plus include, but are not limited to:
- Appliances (recycled)
- Brush/tree waste (incidental quantities)
- Computer systems (recycled)
- Construction and demolition materials (residential quantities)
- Lawn mowers (empty of fluids)
- Mattresses (8 or fewer per day)
- TVs (recycled)
- Tires (automotive) 8 or fewer per day
Large loads of tires (9 or more) can be brought to the Kalmar Landfill for a fee of $435.00 per ton. Call 507-328-7070 in advance.