Address: 305 Energy Parkway NE, Rochester, MN 55906
Facility Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Department Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The following recyclable materials are accepted free of charge but must be pre-sorted:
- Aluminum cans
- Clear glass bottles and jars (no window glass, dishware, or ceramics)
- Colored glass bottles and jars: green, brown, and other colors (no window glass, dishware, or ceramics)
- Corrugated cardboard (clean only) - remove packaging materials
- White office paper
- Newspaper and colored paper
- Plastics #1 and #2 (with a neck), and clean plastic #5 dairy containers
- Tin/steel food cans
- Clean scrap iron, aluminum, copper, brass and stainless steel
Items commonly accepted for a fee at the Recycling Center Plus include, but are not limited to:
- Appliances (recycled)
- Brush/tree waste (incidental quantities)
- Computer systems (recycled)
- Construction and demolition materials (residential quantities)
- Lawn mowers (empty of fluids)
- Mattresses (8 or fewer per day)
- TVs (recycled)
- Tires (automotive) 8 or fewer per day
Large loads of tires (9 or more) can be brought to the Kalmar Landfill for a fee of $435.00 per ton. Call 507-328-7070 in advance.