Register to vote, find your voting location, and learn about upcoming elections.
Election results are provided by the Minnesota Secretary of State.
The Secretary of State's Elections Calendar shows a list of up coming elections and potential dates for future elections.
Eligibility to Vote
You are eligible to vote in Minnesota if you:
- Are at least 18 years or older
- Are a citizen of the United States
- Are a resident of Minnesota for at least 20 days before Election Day
- Have the right to vote because, if you have been convicted of a felony, your felony sentence has expired (been completed) or you have discharged from your sentence
- Are not under a guardianship in which the court order revokes the right to vote
- Are not legally incompetent
Time off work to vote
Every employee who is eligible to vote in an election has the right to be absent from work for the purpose of voting during the morning of the day of that election, without penalty or deduction from salary or wages because of the absence.
Register to Vote
Where to register:
Olmsted County Elections
2122 Campus Dr. SE Suite 300
Rochester MN, 55904
Register at the polls
Go to the MNvotes.org website for registration requirements and a list of documents you can use as proof of residence on election day.
Check to see if you’re registered
Go to the MNvotes.org website to find out if you are registered to vote at your current address.
Where to vote on Election Day
Prior to most elections, the poll finder will also display what candidates and questions will be on your ballot and a sample ballot may also be available.