Join us! Olmsted County is an inclusive, welcoming environment where diversity is celebrated and our employees have multiple opportunities to make a lasting impact on the community. We strive to be a dynamic, world-class county delivering excellence every day.
We offer competitive pay with opportunities for growth, advancement, and lateral movement.
With generous offerings, employees are eligible for a number of benefits including:
- Health, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Health care spending and dependent care spending accounts
- Paid time off (PTO) and 10 paid holidays; start accruing PTO on your first day!
- Tuition reimbursement up to $3,000 per year on eligible education
- Retirement and pension plans with employer contribution
- Much more! View the summary of benefits by clicking the link below
Learn more about Olmsted County's health plan transparency and coverage.
Career Development and Growth Opportunities
We encourage employees to learn and grow in a variety of ways:
- Leadership 101 Program: The leadership program helps develop employees who are leaders, or future leaders, to reach their full potential. This 10-month program is offered in partnership with Rochester Community and Technical College Center for Business and Workforce Education
- Ambassador Program: The Ambassador program builds cross-functional employee relations and facilitates a greater understanding of Olmsted County’s overall organization and purpose. Participants should be community-minded professionals who believe in the mission of Olmsted County. Participants will become positive representatives of our organization to peers as well as residents of the community
It has been so fulfilling working at Olmsted County. My manager supports my growth, and I’ve been able to make a lot of impactful changes that improve people’s lives in the community.” -Cathy, Public Works.
A great place to live! Recognized as one of Money Magazine’s Top Places to Live in the U.S., Rochester not only boasts an award-winning health care system with Mayo Clinic, but is also home to an abundance of parks and trails, a thriving arts and food scene, an easy standard of living with short commutes, and so much more. Read about why Rochester has been named one of the top places to live in both Money Magazine and Livability Magazine. Rochester is the largest city within Olmsted County, which is the eighth largest county in the state of Minnesota with eight cities, 18 townships, and approximately 150,000 residents (2016 census data).
For technical assistance, including password help, contact NEOGOV at 1-855-524-5627.